Apple’s iOS 16 has been announced and it will come to iPhones around the world later this year. The company has already seeded a beta build with developers and they’re starting to find new features that weren’t officially announced.
One of those is Rapid Security Response.
Rapid Security Response is a feature that will allow Apple to more quickly make security fixes available to users.
There is a new “Install System and Data Files” option in Settings > General > Software Update that lets users toggle on automatic security updates independent of iOS updates.
A toggle will make it possible to opt-out of these new security updates, however, something that jailbreakers might want to consider doing.
Apple’s iOS 16 was announced during the WWDC22 opening keynote on Monday and while a developer beta is available, a public beta program will need to wait until next month. Apple will likely want to ensure that its software is stable enough to allow public beta testers to use before releasing it.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.5 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.5 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad Right Now
- iOS 16 Public Beta 1 Release Date Announced
- iOS 16 Beta 1 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Developer Account Released
- Download iOS 16 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]